Saturday, January 2, 2010

A Waffle House Manager

I have been a Unit manager at a Waffle House almost four years. I worked for them as a Cook for many years before that. I started washing dishes on weekend nights when I was 16 years old in Georgia the home of Waffle House. Something about that place I could never leave, I studied the manuals like they were my bible. I could not stop myself, I found myself dreaming of Waffle House (Actually nightmares of burning eggs and so much food I just could not cook it all! I remember yelling in one of my dreams "I'm a cook, not a magician!")
I suppose you could say that I really love Waffle House! Well who doesn't? Where can you go and take the whole family and eat quality food and not spend a fortune? I don't know if a lot of people realise it or not but Waffle House serves very good quality foods especially when it come to their meats. I can put a T-Bone, Sirloin, Chop Steak, Chicken, or a Quarter on the grill to cook and if it is cooked properly it does not lose a noticeable amount of weight to fat.
Waffle House is open 365 days a year 24 hours a day! So all associates are usually like a big family. Well we spend Thanksgiving, Christmas, New years and our birthdays together every year. I have spent more holidays with my Waffle House family than I have my blood family.
Well I have just told a tiny fraction of my story. I have 25 years worth of it stored in my memory. I wonder how long it will take me to type it all? :)
I am just one person, there are so many more like me out there! I hope that somehow we can meet on this blogger and maybe share some stories and make new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment